My Crafty Makeup Storage Ideas…

As my collection grows I am constantly reorganizing. It gets harder and harder to find things and or remember what I have. So I was in Joann’s Fabric today looking for some new organization tools and I came across an amazing deal! I had been looking at this scrapbook organizing chest. It is similar to regular stackers but it has skinny drawers, perfect for eyeshadows, lipsticks or what ever else you want to put in them. so the selling price for this item was $69.00. but i had a 40% coupon so I was planning to pay about 40 or so for it. As I was grabbing the item I noticed a crack in one of the drawers. I was so sad. It was the last one. When I got to the register I asked the lady if she would discount it at all since it was damaged. She gave it to me for 75% off! I paid $19 total for this item! Yippee! I picked up a bottle of super glue at the time time and that crack is good as gone!
I had so much fun organizing tonight! All of my makeup still doesn’t fit, but it is so much easier to see the makeup that is inside! Two of the skinny drawers have different separators or compartments. This was perfect for paint pots, fluid lines, lip mix and samples.
A few other organization items I love from Joanns arethese storage containers these are great for pigments but are originally sold for beads or beading. I have 2 different size jars. One set has 10mm size jars. The second is about half of that. Both sets with their jars come in a clear case, so they are easy to see colors, labels and also easy to stack up! Check out some stash pictures below, examples of the storage options mentioned above :)

Photobucket

(camera phone pictures! Sorry for poor quality)

1. em

June 30, 2009 at 1:55 am

this looks like such a great storage idea! I love how there's a few deeper drawers down the bottm to fit your quads & palettes. I really need to rearrange my stash, eek!

2. Lipstick Rules

June 30, 2009 at 5:44 am

I organize my stash in a similar system though I feel the stash is growing so much I might need another. LOL. Love this idea though about looking at scrapbooking/craft areas for storage solutions.

3. livia cavalcante

June 30, 2009 at 6:29 am

hi! you have a follower Brazilian! love your blog

4. Sharlene A [X3MZSHAR]

June 30, 2009 at 7:14 am

Who would've thought that these plastic cart/drawers were so EXPENSIVE! But you got a really good deal!

5. Bailey (Makeover Momma)

June 30, 2009 at 7:14 am

Very smart ideas! I definitely need better organization….

6. Lizzard

June 30, 2009 at 7:55 am

That's great, way to be on top of your sales/discounts!!!

I've been using this one from Target for yyyeeears! I use the first drawer for anything eyes, second for anything face and the last drawer is all lip stuff. But I don't remember getting four of them or paying that much, this must be an online thing…

7. Mama Jen

June 30, 2009 at 12:32 pm

thats a good idea…i need more storage, i have outgrown my storage system

8. Sara (aka The Makeup Snob)

June 30, 2009 at 5:07 pm

@livia cavalcante- Thank you so much! I really appreciate you following!

@Lizzard- Those drawers are great! I love drawers!

@Mama Jen, @Bailey, @em – Storage is so hard. Finding something that makes sense for you takes time. I have re arraanged so many times! Hopefully not again for a while though:)

@Sharlene- I know right! The price was crazy originally. I could have never brought myself to pay that!

@Lipstick Rules- Yes we need to see your storage, where are those lippies are stashed! :)

9. Yinka (VexInThecity)

July 1, 2009 at 3:10 am

They look really nice. I really need to sort something out. My San Reno box is jampacked and I hate not being able to see everything neatly.

I think I may get an Ikea Malm desk..hmm I dunno.

10. Rai

July 1, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Wow! This is amazing for storing makeup.
    AND YOU GOT IT FOR $19?! OMG lucky you!

11. The Beauty Chick

July 1, 2009 at 2:52 pm

I love this for organizing make-up! Right now I'm using a set of four plastic drawers, but they are a little too deep. I end up having to pile items on top of each other and it never stays neat in there! I'm going to have to check this out at Joann's now. You got an awesome deal on it, too! I love craft stores…they tend to have great ideas for make-up organization!

12. Sara (aka The Makeup Snob)

July 1, 2009 at 9:14 pm

@Yinka- I know what you mean, thats why I like the skinny drawers here so i can see it all flat, haha.

@Rai- I know right. I feel so blessed! I never get lucky like this, lol! Im the one that always is one day late for the big sale or something, haha

@The Beauty Chick- I know its fun! Its a way to remember what you got too! I know what you mean about the bigger drawers. Thats why I was so excited to grab this one. skinny skinny drawers!

13. jooLee

July 3, 2009 at 8:26 am

wow i REALLY want one! i'm super disorganized

14. Celeste

July 3, 2009 at 12:04 pm

That is a good idea. and gosh u got a crazy deal!!! I guess it was for u the whole time lol. I have all my make up in a full standing jewlery stand. I love it cuz it holds everything of mine and looks amazing in my bathroom. So thats just and idea.
    Celeste.

15. Sara (aka The Makeup Snob)

July 3, 2009 at 4:00 pm

@joolee Yes get one! when they are on sale of course! love it sooo much!

@Celeste- It was a crazy deal, I feel so blessed. Ahh that sounds so pretty I love that idea!

16. Sally Alexia

August 1, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Woww this is a great idea, and you have SOOO much make-up. Thanks for sharing!!
    -S