Pigment Storage Project..

I own pigments from Bare Escentuals, MAC, NYX and many more! I have small samples, large samples and full size jars, however trying to store all of these odd shape containers can be very difficult though.
So I finally figured out a way to organize by transferring all pigments to some beading containers that I purchased at Joanns Craft store. Now all of the pigments are the same size (well mostly) and can stack up and fit together nicely! I really do like how easy the jars are to access and how nice is is to see the colors through the clear top containers. The large containers are rounded on the bottom’s like the jars, so the jars fit into the containers perfectly!
The smaller containers are about the same size as normal pigment jars just about twice as tall. All the Bare Escentuals pigments fit perfectly in this because they are so fine in texture.
Green Tip: All my mac pigments I Back 2 Mac (b2m) for a lipstick and the rest of the sample jars I took and dropped them off at Origins and got some free samples and also helped conserve energy:)

Photobucket

1. Lizzard

July 24, 2009 at 7:56 pm

mmm bead jars, that's a good idea. i usually just save jars from sephora samples and then bring them back to refill them (i know i'm a total cheapo lol).

PS yay for GREEN! especially because i was just put on a green committee at work :)

2. su-pah

July 25, 2009 at 9:38 am

Ooh! Pigments. I like how everything's well organised, my makeup storage is chaotic,

3. Dao

July 25, 2009 at 10:32 am

I do the same for my pigment jars as well. Did you search for Joann's coupons? I believe the store lets you use 2 coupons at a time.

4. VexInTheCity

July 25, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Nice collection!

I prefer your new layout too. It loads much faster now.

5. Sara (The Makeup Snob)

July 25, 2009 at 10:35 pm

@Lizzard- Yay I had a bunch of jars from Sephora, etc. But Its easier to organize when they all match. Besides the jars were pretty cheap at Jo Anns!

@Su-Pah- Thank you! Yes organized! Better for finding things!

@Vexinthecity- Thank you! I appreciate it!

6. Rai

July 26, 2009 at 8:51 am

I bought a bead container from Wal-Mart a few months ago, it comes with 24 jars!! A great buy.

I heard about Origins doing that. We don't have one here. =/

7. clementine

July 27, 2009 at 12:43 am

wow it's all so neat and tidy!
    xx

8. Violet

July 27, 2009 at 11:27 am

Great blog!

9. Mama Jen

July 27, 2009 at 5:04 pm

That's a really good idea..it can be difficult when they aren't the same size. I don't own that many pigments so i haven't run into a storage problem yet!! lol but I'm sure soon enough i will have to find a better solution.