Amazon Bundle Monster Dupe Konad Nail Stamping Plates

I have been paying more attention to nail stuff these days and have fallen in love with some of the amazing nail designs I have seen using Konad Stamping kits. But since no product seems to keep my attention that long these days I decided instead of dishing out the cost for the full kit, I would try this generic version of the item first.
I found this 21 plate kit in Amazon sold by Bundle Monster for $ 17.99 shipped. I also watched a few you tube reviews before purchasing. From what I understand certain konad plates maybe a bit more detailed but they seem to work just as well.
I didnt purchase any of the konad polishes since most tutorials I saw people were using their own polish colors instead. The only thing I had to purcchase seperatly was the konad stamper and scraper which I got off of Amazon as well for about $7.00.

All 21 plates come in a small bag together and are covered with a small film over the front which you have to remove off of each one before using. The plates also have a bit of a mirror/reflective coating which made them a bit hard to photograph. I hope you are see able to get the basic idea of the designs available with the images below. Click to see in closer detail.

I plan to play around with this quite a bit this weekend so I will be posting a review and some nail swatches very soon!

What are your thoughts on Nail Stamping?

1. mardia

September 10, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Oh so this is the konad stamping :)

Nice.. although i think it’s not for me, i would think u have to have a lot of patience for that. These designs are pretty awesome let me know how it goes and how you like it, i might just give that to my sister so she can do that for my nails. ;) hehe

xo

Sara Reply:

yes, get it for her and let her learn, lol! Its so much fun though!

2. mochamishmash

September 10, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I have a couple plates, but never use them because I’m usually doing my nails in a rush or swatching for my blog. The monster bundle deal is awesome…might have to check out (and actually use them!)I know my daughters would be in heaven.

Sara Reply:

yes!!! My daughter wants me to change the design on her nails daily!!

3. Kris

September 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm

I just started painting my finger nails again and I want to get this stamping kit! Its more affordable than the Konad one.

Sara Reply:

for sure!! this one is cool. I might get a couple konad plates later. but this is a fantastic start!

4. NYCSh0paholic

September 10, 2010 at 11:49 pm

This is all new to me. I guess I gotta check out some videos on YouTube. Yes please, post some pictures with the end result. =)
    NYCSh0paholic´s last blog post ..My Physicians Formula Makeup Challenge entry

Sara Reply:

Will do! I have been having fun playing with it, but im still getting the hang of it, lol!

5. Susie

September 11, 2010 at 2:53 am

I have these plates. They are pretty good. :)
    Loving your manicure.
    I’m following you now,
    Susie
    Susie´s last blog post ..OPI Need Sunglasses with Plate H14 and Konad White -o

6. Lara

September 11, 2010 at 4:00 am

Personally, as a nail tech I think stamping is a very good alternative to hand painted designs. You can do it in less time and I am going to buy these plates for sure. be careful with the edges though as i read that they are very sharp :)
    Lara´s last blog post ..Its Bath Time!

7. Mari

September 11, 2010 at 11:22 am

The designs look great but I dont think I have the patience to do this. I cant wait to see you do a nail design with these!
    Mari´s last blog post ..Lippie Holders-Brush Rolls by Teresa

8. lipsspeaks

September 11, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I’ve seen these in some nail tutorials. They look so cool to create designs. Can’t wait to read about your experience with it!

9. Inner Belle

September 11, 2010 at 12:58 pm

ooh cant wait to see your done nails with these :D

10. Lizzard

September 14, 2010 at 5:49 pm

ah! have you tried these? i got one plate but i must need special direction because mine doesn’t come out as crystal as everyone else’s… can you post super duper detailed directions like from the second you open the box (which apprently includes filing the konading stampy thing….) to the very last step of top coat. yay, thanks!

Sara Reply:

I was getting so mad when I was figuring this out. There is definitely a trick to it! I will post on it just for you!!

11. nymphette

October 5, 2010 at 11:17 pm

I totally want to try these but my fingernails are tiny and suck so only thing I could use em on are my big toenails lol.
    nymphette´s last blog post ..Reason I might be tied up next week or so…

12. Pingback: Nymphette Doing Nail Art???! | I Am Nymphette